Friday, June 30, 2006

memories

Today’s my last day at home before I head back to the city. Everytime I come home, I see that there’s some renovation, a facelift given to the house. The last time, walls of the sitting room area were given a piiiink colour…truly hated it when I first saw it…but seems that the color’s growing on me now. This time, another greenhouse has been added to the playground leaving no space for the kids to play…not that there are any kids in the house now. We are a joint family and when we kids were small, the playground used to live up to its name..we’ve tried playing everything there…badminton, basketball, a kinda lawn tennis game that we invented, football, cricket, marbles, rock climbing…or rather mud climbing…everything. And being the only girl in the group didn’t help at all.
Now, I truly cherish those moments. Most of the cousins are of my age and are more like my friends. We’ve fought, had silly but dangerous accidents, made each other cry, got thrashed together, stole the beetroots from the garden, had silly ambitions like opening a pan shop…I’m glad I got to live those moments.
And tomorrow, I head back to reality…out from my cocoon to a whole new world!

2 Comments:

Blogger JuSt AnoThEr FaCe In ThE CrOwD said...

best wishes for the new world...

July 03, 2006  
Blogger ripz said...

thanks thinley..i'll need it

July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home